PUBLIC NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD VACANCY
LA CAÑADA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT GOVERNING BOARD
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that there is a vacancy on the Governing Board of the La Cañada Unified School District effective May 31, 2020. The Governing Board, on May 19, 2020, determined to make a provisional appointment to fill the vacancy. The provisional appointee will hold office until the next regularly scheduled election (November 2020), whereupon an election will be held to fill the vacancy.
Interested citizens who would like to be considered as a candidate for appointment should complete the Application to Fill LCUSD Governing Board Vacancy
. To be considered, your application must be returned to the office of the Superintendent no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020. Additional written information after this date will not be accepted, unless requested by the LCUSD Governing Board President.
To be eligible to be appointed to the Governing Board of the La Cañada Unified School District, you:
- Must be a resident.
- Must be a registered voter of the City.
- Must be selected by a majority vote of the LCUSD Governing Board.
Please note that:
- The person appointed will hold office until the Annual Organizational Meeting on December 15, 2020 (after the next General Election currently scheduled for November 3, 2020). Verification of voter registration will be confirmed upon submittal of your application.
- Once a LCUSD Governing Board Member application is filed with the LCUSD Superintendent’s Office, all information contained therein (except telephone number(s) becomes a public record.
- If appointed, you will be required by state law to file a Statement of Economic Interests – Form 700 (assuming office) with the Fair Political Practices Commission www.fppc.gov and annually thereafter.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE LCUSD Superintendent’s OFFICE NO LATER
THAN 5:00 P.M. FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2020