The form(s) to use in applying for either the senior citizen, single use (contiguous parcel), or SSDI parcel tax exemption are available for download.
Completed forms that will take effect during the 2022 tax year must be submitted by June 30, 2022 in person or by mail (due to Covid-19 restrictions). Please visit us or mail your application to:
La Cañada Unified School District
Business Office - Ana Arellano
4490 Cornishon Avenue
La Cañada, CA 91011
*If mailing application, it must postmarked no later than June 30, 2022.
*Once an applicant's exemption request is approved, no future applications are required in subsequent years.
Parcel Tax Qualifications:
To qualify for the senior exemption from Parcel Tax, applicants must:
1) turn 65 years old before July 1 of the application year
2) own and occupy their property as their principal residence
To qualify for the Contiguous Parcel exemption, applicants must:
1) own the contiguous parcels under identical legal ownership
2) make actual use of all the contiguous parcels as one residential or non-residential
To qualify for the SSDI Parcel exemption, applicants must:
1) own and occupy their property as their principal residence--rental and second
properties are not eligible for SSDI tax exemption.
2) Furnishing written proof with the application that the applicant is receiving Social
Security Disability Insurance (“SSDI”) benefits and providing certification that
applicant’s yearly income does not exceed 250 percent of the 2012 federal poverty
If you have any questions, please contact Ana Arellano at our business office at (818) 952-8386.