What you should know about permits:
- Permit applications for the 2022-23 school year will be accepted from Monday, March 7 through Friday, April 22, 2022.
- A permit is not a guarantee of enrollment.
- Students are placed based on space availability at each grade level.
- The permit process happens once a year beginning in March for the upcoming school year.
- We do not place permit students throughout the school year. Once school begins, we are done placing permit students until the next year.
- All required supporting documents need to be submitted with the permit at the time of submission.
- All permits will be put into a lottery to be ranked in accordance with priorities established in the District Policies and Administrative Regulations.
- An email regarding your student’s ranking will be sent to you Friday, June 3, 2022. This is a ranking only and not a guarantee of enrollment.
- We cannot predict, based on the ranking, how many students we will accept. All residents of LCUSD get priority for placement.
- We will begin placing students based on space availability at each grade level.
- We do not create additional classrooms based on permits, only residents.
- We will notify you of the status of your application as soon as possible.
- You could be notified as late as August 12, 2022.
Priority categories are as follows:
- Full-time LCUSD employees
- Siblings of continuing permit students already enrolled in LCUSD
- Students of part-time LCUSD employees
- Sagebrush - City of La Canada families whose district of residence is the Glendale Unified School District
- Allen Bill - Students whose parents physically work full-time within the LCUSD school boundaries